Contribution Guide for Adélie Linux Documentation
|Copyright:||© 2015-2018 Adélie Linux. CC BY-NC-SA open source licence.|
This distribution contains the documentation set for Adélie Linux.
This section describes the usual flows of contribution to this repository.
GitLab Pull Requests
- If you do not already have a GitLab account, you must create one.
- Create a fork of the packages repository. For more information, consult the GitLab online documentation.
- Clone your forked repository to your computer.
- Make your changes.
- Test your changes to ensure they are correct.
- Add (or remove) changed files using
- Commit your changes to the tree using the command
- Visit your forked repository in a Web browser.
- Choose the Create Pull Request button.
- Review your changes to ensure they are correct, and then submit the form.
Clone the packages repository to your computer.
Make your changes.
Test your changes to ensure they are correct.
Add (or remove) changed files using
Commit your changes to the tree using the command
Use the command
git format-patch HEAD^to create a patch file for your commit.
If you have made multiple commits to the tree, you will need to add an additional ^ for each commit you have made. For example, if you have made three commits, you will use the command
git format-patch HEAD^^^.
Email the resulting patch to the documentation mailing list.