Contribution Guide for Parcel
|Copyright:||© 2018 Adélie Linux Team. NCSA open source licence.|
This repository contains code and documentation for Parcel, the next-generation package lifecycle management system for Adélie Linux.
As the Adélie Linux project is an open-source Linux distribution, this package is distributed under the same NCSA open source license as the distribution.
Any changes to this repository must be reviewed before being pushed to the master branch. There are no exceptions to this rule. For security-sensitive updates, contact the Security Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must test any changes on Adélie Linux. It is recommended that you additionally test your changes on at least a glibc-based Linux distribution.
This section describes the usual flows of contribution to this repository.
GitLab Pull Requests
- If you do not already have a GitLab account, you must create one.
- Create a fork of the packages repository. For more information, consult the GitLab online documentation.
- Clone your forked repository to your computer.
- Make your changes.
- Test your changes to ensure they are correct.
- Add (or remove) changed files using
- Commit your changes to the tree using the command
- Visit your forked repository in a Web browser.
- Choose the Create Pull Request button.
- Review your changes to ensure they are correct, and then submit the form.
Clone the packages repository to your computer.
Make your changes.
Test your changes to ensure they are correct.
Add (or remove) changed files using
Commit your changes to the tree using the command
Use the command
git format-patch HEAD^to create a patch file for your commit.
If you have made multiple commits to the tree, you will need to add an additional ^ for each commit you have made. For example, if you have made three commits, you will use the command
git format-patch HEAD^^^.
Email the resulting patch to the Parcel mailing list.